This position is primarily responsible for managing the research, design, development, and implementation of leadership and technical training initiatives across the Denny’s system. Additionally this position ensures that all existing and newly developed leadership programs, processes and systems support the brand’s pursuit of Restaurant Excellence and Denny’s Vision, Mission and Guiding Principles.
Essential Functions (Key Responsibilities)
- Assists in the design of evaluations measuring the user’s response to training, the application of the learning, and the impact of the training on operations.
- Facilitates training at a high competency level – role modeling skilled presentation abilities.
- Manages and provides significant input on new training program development and existing program revisions.
- Ensures that programs, workshops, manuals and systems are routinely maintained ensuring content is current and relevant.
- Teaches and upholds company policies, procedures and embodies Guiding Principles.
- Develops and implements rollout materials for new initiatives, ensuring the right partners are involved; creates strategy and directs team’s involvement and holds others accountable for quality content and achieving deadlines.
- Manages, develops, creates and delivers training programs supporting technical, managerial and support skills, systems and behaviors for all functional areas of the organization.
- Participates in a very “hands-on” role within the department, preparing documents, creating presentations and delivering tools and resources to the organization.
- Manages day-to-day administrative support for own business travel, expense reporting, scheduling appointments, responding to phone, email and written communication, etc.
- Assists department heads with monitoring G&A expenditures to keep in alignment with budget and profitability.
- Assists in developing plans and solution sets to improve business results through the proper execution of company operations programs.
- Designs and executes implementation strategy (to include communication, ‘pilot’ process, logistics, and implementation process).
- Analyzes cost, schedule and delivery options in determination of appropriate learning solutions for training.
- Helps create and support a process for measurement (ROI) of success for all programs, job aids, training tools, manuals and curriculum.
- Evaluates and assesses the effectiveness of key operations initiatives to provide results and feedback to department’s head and other internal customers as required.
- Leverages performance consulting skills in the analysis of business performance and recommending appropriate solutions. Builds and maintains “internal guests” relationships within company and franchise organizations/departments as well as with peer groups.
- Collaborates with ‘customers’ to proactively determine appropriate interventions to drive business results.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Education or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
5 or more years of proven success in a training and development role in a restaurant organization. Leadership development experience is desired.
Required Knowledge and Skills
Possesses strong knowledge of Guests First service and a passion for it, improving awareness and execution across all positions.
Proven experience and success in creating, implementing and supporting leadership development programs and initiatives.
Demonstrated success at creating and delivering programs in multiple formats (manuals, reference tools, classroom, group presentation, self-directed learning, and web-based tools).
Proficiency in Microsoft Office products is required, including PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
Ability to quickly gain understanding of company/department objectives.
Strong written and verbal communication skills with outstanding personal presentation skills with the ability to deliver training and communication to various levels, and support staff situations.
Ability to provide sound and timely performance consulting and assist in peer coaching of team.
Strong time management, organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment are essential. Project management skills and demonstrated success in managing/leading initiatives.
Denny's, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, race, creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, military or veteran's status, criminal background, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or local law.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should contact 864-597-8000. PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THIS NUMBER TO CHECK THE STATUS OF YOUR APPLICATION.